Gekave stainless steel
HEAT repair clamp
HEAT repair clamp
Gekave stainless steel repair clamps style HEAT are used for permanent repairs of broken and damaged pipes in tight spaces
for water, gas and petrochemical fluids
HEAT clamps are available in many different working ranges for pipes of DN 40 – DN 350.
Please consult our price-list for more details on the working ranges. Available lengths: 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 mm.
The clamps can be used to repair the following pipe types:
– Cast iron (DI / CI)
– Steel (St.)
– Asbestos Cement (AC)
– PE coated steel
* If pipe repair clamps are to be used on plastic pipes, please always contact Gekave or a Gekave distributor for more information regarding the application and restrictions on these pipe types.
Gekave repair clamps should be used under following conditions:
- The width of the clamp should be at least equal to the pipe OD.
- The width of the clamp should be 150 mm greater than the length of any crack on pipes with an outside diameter up to 350 mm. On larger pipes this should be at least 200 mm.
- For PVC pipes, the width of the clamps should be 50 % longer and bolt torque should be reduced by 50 %. We prefer that you consult your Gekave distributor.
- The maximum allowable distance between two pipe ends should not exceed 10 mm.
- The maximum allowable deﬂection is 2 degrees.
- The maximum allowable offset should not exceed 3 mm.
Pressure ratings for water ** depend on the type of break or
damage, pipe OD, medium etc.
Pipe DN 250 up to and including DN 500: 10 bar
Pipe DN 500 and DN 600: 6 bar
Pipe DN 700: 4 bar and Pipe DN 800: 2 bar.
Our clamps can be modiﬁed to cope with higher working pressures.
** Please contact Gekave or your distributor for more information regarding pressures on gas pipes.
- All metal parts: stainless steel AISI 304.
- Metal parts have been deburred and are passivated to restore the corrosion resistance to its original state after the welding process.
- Single band (one section) with a working range of 7-11 mm depending on the diameter. For an overview of all working ranges please see our price-list.
- Standard certiﬁed rubber gaskets EPDM or NBR. The rubber is tapered and has a waffle pattern.
- Seamless rubber lining for every clamp diameter.
- Bridge plates are vulcanized into the rubber gasket.
- U-shaped lifter bar.
- Stainless steel, electrolytic zinc plated nuts to prevent galling.
- Stainless steel washers.
- No special tools required: a simple wrench will do the job.
- Special tape is used to ﬁx the rubber gasket to the stainless steel band. Special tape is used to ﬁx the rubber gasket to the stainless steel band. This tape is ﬂexible and reinforced with glassﬁbre thread to withstand hot and humid conditions and guarantee a long storage capability.
- Under most circumstances the clamps can be installed without releasing the pressure on the pipe.
- With the clamp’s removable closing mechanism you only need 10mm of free space to install the clamp.
- The clamps are packed into strong double-rib cartons. For export overseas we use strong, seaworthy crates.