Gekave stainless steel
Gekave stainless steel tapping clamps are used to make permanent (hot) taps on different pipe types.
for water, gas and petrochemical fluids
Gekave repair clamps can be equipped with a threaded outlet up to 4″. The clamp specifications are identical to the specifications of the Gekave standard repair clamps.
The standard outlets are threaded according to ISO/ DIN or BSP. American CC or IP threads can be supplied upon request.
The clamps can be used to repair the following pipe types:
– Cast iron (DI / CI)
– Steel (St.)
– Asbestos Cement (AC)
– PE coated steel
* If pipe repair clamps are to be used on plastic pipes, please always contact Gekave or a Gekave distributor for more information regarding the application and restrictions on these pipe types.
FS 10 tapping clamps are available from range 38-42. Available lengths: 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 mm.
FS 20 tapping clamps are available from ranges 88-110. Available lengths: 200 / 250 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 mm.
Pressure ratings for water ** depend on the type of break or damage, pipe OD, medium etc.
Pipe DN 40 up to and including DN 150: 16 bar
Pipe DN 175 up to and including DN 300: 10 bar
Our clamps can be modiﬁed to cope with
higher working pressures.
** Please contact Gekave or your distributor for more information regarding pressures on gas pipes.
- All metal parts: stainless steel AISI 304 or AISI 316L.
- Sockets and nipples are threaded according to ISO 7/DIN or BSP. Special designed outlets are available on request. Please contact your distributor.
- The outlets are 100 % air tested after welding.
- Metal parts have been deburred and are passivated to restore the corrosion resistance to its original state after the welding process.
- Single band (one section) or double band (two sections). For detailed working ranges please see our price-list.
- Standard certiﬁed rubber gaskets EPDM or NBR. The rubber is tapered and has a waffle pattern.
- Seamless rubber lining for every clamp diameter.
- Bridge plates are vulcanized into the rubber gasket.
- U-shaped lifter bar.
- Stainless steel, electrolytic zinc plated nuts to prevent galling.
- Stainless steel washers.
- No loose parts that may get lost during installation.
- No special tools required: a simple wrench will do the job.
- Special tape is used to ﬁx the rubber gasket to the stainless steel band. Special tape is used to ﬁx the rubber gasket to the stainless steel band. This tape is ﬂexible and reinforced with glassﬁbre thread to withstand hot and humid conditions and guarantee a long storage capability.
- Under most circumstances the clamps can be installed without releasing the pressure on the pipe.